Re: MGA paint colors and numbers

To: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Subject: Re: MGA paint colors and numbers
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:27:15 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Carol wrote:

> You are probably referring to "Glacier Blue". I looked in 'da book' for the
> color number, but it doesn't seem to be there. You might try mgcars web
> site for that information...
>
> At 09:34 AM 6/12/98 -0400, [David Allen] wrote:
>
> >Hi Listers: I have been slowly working on a '57 Isetta 300 and under
> >pressure from the SO have decided to change the color from original.
> >She Who Must Be Obeyed, has decided that the light (baby?) blue from
> >a late fifties MGA would be appropriate. Please,what is this color
> >called and maybe a modern paint number?

I was thinking he was talking about 'Iris Blue'.  Check the color of my
MGA on my web page, below.  Iris Blue should be in the book.  My car is
actually painted 'Sky Blue' from Omni and I think it's just a tiny bit
darker than the original Iris Blue.  (Of course the old original paint is
probably faded so the new could be right on.)

Hey, I've also added Magnette pix!  See the Pups!

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA

1960 MGA           "Baby"