Re: rusted bolts

To: Enrique Claure <span@datacom-bo.net>
Subject: Re: rusted bolts
From: Ed & Kris curtis <curtis@hayburn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:06:27 -0500
Enrique:

WD-40 will do next to nothing to help you remove rusted bolts.  You should try
something called "Penetrating Catalyst".  I saw this product on TNN on the
Shadetree Mechanic.  It really works.  I had the four hood latch mechanisms from
my MGTF frozen solid.  After soaking for a week in WD-40, nothing.  That same
weekend I saw the show and bought a can of Penetrating Catalyst.  Twenty minutes
later all four mechanisms were apart and working.

It this material does not work, then heat is your only hope.  However, it might
just work for you.

Good Luck,

Ed Curtis
curtis@hayburn.com