RE: 50 mph Vibration

To: "'gorms68@juno.com'" <gorms68@juno.com>
Subject: RE: 50 mph Vibration
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 06:23:12 -0600
I took it out last night to see if I could narrow anything down.  It happens
when I'm accelerating, coasting in gear, and coasting in neutral.  I'm
pretty convinced it's wheel balancing now.  I checked the driveshaft and
everything seems to be OK with that.  It has about 10,000 miles on it since
I had a U-joint fail and I had to replace the whole thing, and the vibration
is nothing like when that happened.  No clunking, no metal on metal scraping
sound, just a steering vibration for a few seconds until I get it past 52
mph.  Thanks to everyone who helped me sort this out (I hope).

John Miller
76 MGB