Insurance for a young LBC Buff

To: "MGA List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Insurance for a young LBC Buff
From: "Larry Bull" <lbull@dreamscape.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:18:47 -0400
My 23 year old son has taken up my love for LBC's and bought a 1959 MGA
which runs good but needs body restoration.  He has a good driving record
but at 23 we are having real difficulty finding an insurance company which
will underwrite his car.  Most to the companies specializing in antique
autos will not touch anyone under 25 and his current insurance company will
only insure it for book value (almost nothing).  Does anyone have some ideas
as to how we might approach this problem?  I hate to see him loose interest
in LBC's because he can not get his on the road.

Larry Bull
lbull@dreamscape.com
62 BT7 TriCarb
Keep the wind in your face and the rubber side down