Re: Welding a 69 MGB

To: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Subject: Re: Welding a 69 MGB
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 18:58:54 -0500
Dan,
 About 15 years ago I was looking at a 194x's Jeep. It was fully
restored and had a repro body that was made completely out of stainless.
It was beautiful! Was not painted and had selected patterns that were
brushed satin finish. Looked like a Delorean. ( finish that is ) Anyway
the dealer said that the body was imported from the Phillipines. I guess
that this is sort of common practice for sheet metal work over there.
Maybe it wasn't Uncle Sam's work.

Anybody on the list in the Phillipines? Can you verify this?

Chuck Schaefer