Re: engine work

To: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@jump.net>
Subject: Re: engine work
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 21:32:05 -0500
Henry D. Reynolds wrote:

> It is possible but I've only seen it done once..
>
> you'll have to pull the oil pan & the cylinder head.
>
> Last time i had to replace the oil pan w/ engine in place it took 8-9 hrs
> start to finish. you  will have to remove the front motor mounts and then
> jack up the engine to access the oil pan bolts over the front cross-member.
>
> I would be inclined to pull the engine instead.
>
> --
> - INSIDE, I have the same personality disorder as LUCY RICARDO!!
> Henry D. Reynolds           hdr@jump.net
> FONE: (512)448-3617         3205 Clawson Rd. Austin, TX. 78704

  I've replaced rod & main bearings with the engine in the car.  Removed
the head for a valve job too.  The motor mounts will have to be unbolted
from the frame in either event.  I'd vote for leaving the engine in the
car unless it turns out that the cylinders need reboring.

  Charley Robinson
  `69 B
  Kerrville, TX