To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Responses to Pontiac 151 Query
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:49:48 EDT
I had asked for input on the advisability/practicality of installing a
Pontiac 151 to either a Midget or MGB:  Responses were split pretty much
evenly with some suggesting upgrading to a larger engine, and others
advocating modifying the original engine.  As my goal is to end up with a
practical daily driver that retains some of its sports car heritage, I
think I will be passing on the 421 SD and 454 LS6 options (not that I
couldn't fit them in there, you understand....).

Would anyone happen to know the approximate weights of a Buick V6, a
Chevy V6, and a Pontiac 151?

My thought are to install one of these to an early RB MGB.  I want to
avoid modifying the suspension as much as is possible, am pretty sure I
will need to have a driveshaft made, and am considering both an automatic
and standard transmission.  I know, it's heresy to put an auto in an
LBC....

Rich