Fw: Diff between '73 and early '74 B was Re: MGB on TV

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: Diff between '73 and early '74 B was Re: MGB on TV
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:54:44 -0500
The '73 model year was the only year to have the slotted steering wheel --
used from Aug 72 to July 73.

So, first clues are if it has rubber inserts on the bumper overriders and a
slotted steering wheel, it's a '73. If the steering wheel slots look "filled
in", it's an early '74. But I suppose it COULD be a late 73!
Of course, the grille is unique to late 72-early 74 and anyone will tell you
that parts from previous model years ended up on first productions of a
following model year.
Sabrina's car was exactly like mine including the blaze color, but sans
luggage rack, so I ID'd it as a 73.
Clear as mud, eh?
Dan
73 B