Re: Awful Jokes

To: "Kevin Sullivan" <kevins@khoral.com>, <neil.cairns@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Awful Jokes
From: "Murray Arundell" <goforit@ecn.net.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 08:16:48 +1000
Gentleman,

Shelia is in fact a girl's name.  However it was once used commonly to
describe all women.  Particularly in colloquial terms such as "there goes a
bonza shelia"  meaning there goes a great babe.

Let me state categorically that it has nothing to do with sheep.  Perhaps
you were mistaking us for our New Zealand neighbours?

Murray Arundell
Brisbane OZ, a big city with not a sheep in sight!