Re: LBC Roads

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: LBC Roads
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 00:40:34 EST
Would the LIST be a good place to let everyone know these great roads (while
still continuing onto one's destination) ??
I'd be happy to collect the data from such a query, and I'm sure some of you
smart folks (webmeisters?) have ideas on how to make them available on the
net when a long LBC trip is at hand.

Dan, it's odd you should mention this since I found some goodies on my
way to the beach today...Instead of going to the always crowded
Myrtle Beach in SC, I chose Sunset Beach in NC.  It's one of the
southernmost beaches in North Carolina, and has an almost direct
route, if anyone is interested...
Follow 501 south to Maxton, where you'll pick up 130 east.  These
roads will run together until you hit Rolland, which is about 5
minutes from South of The Border and I-95.  Stay on 130 east, which
will take you through some delightful towns until you see signs for
904 east.  Follow 904 through the twisties, one-horse southern towns,
and beautiful coastal towns of NC to one of two beaches - Sunset or
Ocean Isle.  If you're more inclined for large town beaches, pick up
701 and it should take you into North Myrtle Beach.
It's a very nice road, two lanes, with little traffic.  I found
myself moving at speeds of 70 miles an hour at times, though most
traffic took a leisurely pace.  Very nice traveling - when my MGB is
licensed I'm heading straight for the beach!

Mike Lishego