Re: FYI - Just a reminder...

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Subject: Re: FYI - Just a reminder...
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 19:22:52 -0700
Ben Ruset wrote:

> Those of you with MG Related web sites should consider joining the MG Cars
> Webring.
>
> Yeah, I know the name is MGB Haven, but we cater to all MGs! (even the
> badge engineered ones!)
>
> BEN RUSET
>  http://members.home.net/bruset
> The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring         http://mgbhaven.home.ml.org
> 1978 MGB Tourer / 1989 Mercury Cougar

" Even the badge engineered ones" !!!!!!!!!!

The front suspension of the MGA and MGB is based on that designed for
the 1938 Morris Ten HP saloon, MG used it in its saloon after WW2 in the
'Y'.
The engine in the MGA and MGB is based on that used in the Austin A40,
A50, A55, A60 etc, as is the gearbox, rear axle........
The front and rear lever arm dampers are from the Austin Cambridge....
I could go on and on, and on, and on.....

It is very dangerous ground to use terms like 'badge engineered', just
look at the Austin Healey Sprite.....

What are others veiws on this?

Neil Cairns.