Re: Oversized throttle shaft in SUs...(64 MGB)

To: bwylie@hiwaay.net
Subject: Re: Oversized throttle shaft in SUs...(64 MGB)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 01:35:53 EDT
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998 23:33:17 -0500 (CDT) "Blake M. Wylie"
<bwylie@hiwaay.net> writes:
>Anyone ever put the oversized throttle shaft in your SUs?  If so, how
>do I
>go about doing that?  I've pulled the SUs off my 64 in order to
>rebuild
>them, and I need to do something about the throttle shaft.  It's got
>some
>good play in there, and would definately be a problem later on.  I've
>heard
>that I would need to probably take it to a machine shop and have them
>bore
>it out, but I don't know any of the specs or what else might need to
>be
>done.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks again!  :)
>
>Blake Wylie
>70 MGB
>64 MGB (getting there)

Blake.
 It can be done, but instead of telling the machinist to bore the holes
out, have him line bore them. The two holes must be concentric and
parallel. Otherwise premature wear and/or binding of the shafts will be
the result.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget