Re: Oversized throttle shaft in SUs...(64 MGB)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oversized throttle shaft in SUs...(64 MGB)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 20:13:50 -0600

>Anyone ever put the oversized throttle shaft in your SUs?  If so, how do I
>go about doing that?  I've pulled the SUs off my 64 in order to rebuild
>them, and I need to do something about the throttle shaft.  It's got some
>good play in there, and would definately be a problem later on.

You may not need the oversized throttle shafts. The key is the condition of
the bearings. My SUs were shot with a lot of play in the throttle shafts. I
got a complete kit from the Roadster Factory with bearings and standard
throttle shafts.

I had to send them to a guy in Phoenix to actually do the machine work
because I was living in a remote part of Utah at the time. But it may be
possible for a well equiped machine shop in a larger city to press in the
bearings and do a line bore.

The Phoenix guy, Bob Schaller, did a great job. I got his name from the
Roadster Factory. He was a fairly well known LBC enthusiast of the time,
but I believe he passed away a couple of years ago.

David Councill
71 Bgt - lots of rust but runs great