MGB Tube ?'s and window seal stuff

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Tube ?'s and window seal stuff
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:55:55 EST
Hello all,
    I'm excited to finish up my summer work and return home to my 'B,
which will hopefully get itself roadworthy by the end of the month.
I've got a few questions about the tires and tubes though.  I've
heard it said that tire replacement on wire wheel cars was almost a
DIY procedure.  Does anyone do this on the more modern 14" MGB wire
wheels in their garage?  What tools would I need, and can anyone give
me instructions of how to procede or a URL that will give me some
direction?  Or, should I just suck it up and try to find a place that
will do this task for me?
    Next question - from looking at the Moss catalogue, I really
can't tell how the outer window seal mounts to the door skin.  The
catalogue lists some silly little clips, 14 of 'em, that supposedly
retain the outer seal.  How has everyone else attached these items to
their cars?  I thought about using clear silicon to glue them on, but
I figured I'd give the clips a try and ask the list for assistance.
For stuff like this, the list is invaluable - I couldn't do it
without you!

Mike Lishego