Re: MGB Tube ?'s and window seal stuff

To: MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: MGB Tube ?'s and window seal stuff
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:08:23 EDT
On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:04:14 EST "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
writes:

>Hey Mike-
>
>If you have a GT - yes you use 14 clips (7 on each side).  I'm not
>sure how
>they mount.
>
>If you have a roadster - you use 14 rivets (MOSS doesn't list a p/n
>for
>this) - they're 1/8" diameter - hardware store stuff.
>
>Regards,
>
>Rich Mason
>
>Rich,
>    Thanks for the advice!  No, I don't have a GT, though I do
>remember seeing very tiny rivets along the edges of the door skin.
>Man, that's gonna be a pain drilling those things out!  Thanks again!
>
>Mike Lishego

You MUST remove the window glass to do this - and then of course it isnt
too much of a job (especially compared to putting the window back!) -
stainless steel self tapping screws are an alternative to rivets and you
wont have to drill them out next time.
BTW - when i did the ones in my GT, both Moss and VB were out of stock so
i used a pair of TR6 ones from a friends parts bin - you can cut them
just before the kink at the rear of the TR6 door and theyre just the
right length.

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT