Re: Local LBC sightings etc

To: "Simon Bosworth" <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Local LBC sightings etc
From: "Chris Nevard" <spridget@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:45:22 +0100
> They were a 'G' reg; any UK lister know what year that would

Simon

Old 'G' reg (suffix) would be 1st Aug '68 till 1st Aug '69
New'G' reg (prefix) 1st Aug '89 till 1st Aug '90

(DDDDoooohhhhhh  - Just pulled up the new mail and it looks like your
question has been answered however.............)

This system was introduced in 1963 to increase the turnover of car sales.
As from this August I believe the system of letters will be going six
monthly to try to get us to change our cars even more often. The excuse
being that the new car registration rush will be spread more evenly across
the year.

Chris Nevard
http://www.geocities.com/~spridgeteer
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub