Re: Preserving NOS Parts

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: Preserving NOS Parts
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:07:50 EDT
On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:59:17 EDT MGMagnette@aol.com writes:

>THE QUESTION IS...
>
>   All of these parts look BRAND NEW, and aside from never putting
>them on my car (not an option) what can be done to preserve these parts?
 Chrome
>polish I'm sure would just damage the perfect chrome rather than protect
it.
>These parts are getting stored in my mother's linen closet until the car
is
>painted, but what would you all do to protect these parts from the
elements
>once installed?
>
>   Thanks,
>       John

Well I doubt anyone is going to mess with a viking called Roar!! - heck,
you can see the horned helmet and the axe!
Whilst i understand your concern, I think you might be a bit too worried
about preserving them - good chrome polish applied with a CLEAN terry
clothand buffed with either terry or cheesecloth will give the parts a
protective coating and not harm them-  if the car ends up a show car then
take them off once a year to clean the parts that dont show - otherwise
just clean them like you would anything else!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster