Re: Stupid owner tricks

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Stupid owner tricks
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 23:46:12 EDT
Find that nut!
 A few years back, when I worked in the service department of a local
Pontiac dealer, a mechanic did exactly that. He finally decided that the
carb nut had fallen on the floor and gotten kicked into oblivion. Grabbed
a new nut and re-installed the carb.
 You guessed it. The nut had fallen into the intake, somehow got past a
intake valve with lillte damage to the valve,and wedged itself between
the piston and head. Besides breaking the piston, it also cracked the
head and gouged a monster chunk out of the cylinder wall.
 What started out as a simple carb repair, ended up with us (the
dealership) installing a new engine into the customers car. Needless to
say, the owner (not a happy camper) kindly requested the mechanic not let
the door hit his A** on the way out.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget