Re: Missing MGB, clews needed!

To: wizardz@amdyne.net
Subject: Re: Missing MGB, clews needed!
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 23:42:28 EDT
Did you check the mixture AFTER installing the K&N filter and the Peco
exhaust?
 If not, that is most likely the culprit.
 Either one will affect the mixture required by the engine.
 It sounds like the mixture is leaning out in the upper RPM range. As a
"quick and dirty" check, increase the mixture by 1/2 turn on each carb
and try it out. If the fade goes away or lessens, it's a pretty good bet
the mixture isn't right.
 You also may find that the original needles no longer are correct and
will need to be changed to ones that are a bit richer at the end.
 I ran into a similar problem on the Midget when I made similar changes.
I finally had to get a couple of needles that were slightly richer at the
end, but leaner at the lower end. (go figure!) Fortunatly, a local LBC
shop had a good supply of needles and was good enough to let me road test
several til I got the right combination.
Good luck

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget