Re: Thought for the day ... about hats

To: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Thought for the day ... about hats
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:02:07 -0400
patrick bailey wrote:

> Chris Delling wrote:
>
> > Seems that most drivers of "performance cars" - Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs
> > and the like seem to be threatened by the MGB, or any LBC.  Seems that the
> > sporty looks and sharp exhaust note convinces everybody that the LBC is
> > faster than it really is, and they feel the need to show that they are "up
> > to the challenge".
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Chris Delling
> >

> Boy!are you right!  I was sitting at a light one time and this guy in a souped
> up Nova came up along side and started blapping the throttle and the when the
> light turned squealed out so I leisurely put 'er in gear and putted off after
> him laughing all the way!
> Pat

I had pretty much the same experience a few weeks ago - driving along in
the GT and some kid in a camaro comes flying by.  Got to a light and
stopped and when he pulled out and tried to shift into second gear I
think he forgot to push in on the clutch ---  :)  what a racket as I
passed him and smiled.

Rick