RE: Thought for the day ... about hats

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Thought for the day ... about hats
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:45:13 -0500
> What I'm finding is that the mere sight of an MG turns
> drivers into instant
> jerks.  When I go to pass someone on the freeway, they get
> one glimpse of my
> car and start to speed up to not let me pass.  They also
> refuse to let me
> merge into traffic.  When I drive my Pathfinder or Altima, I
> never get the
> sort of rudeness from other drivers that I experience in the
> MGB.  Maybe
> it's "Ragtop Envy".

        Well, I drive a VW panel bus to work every day. My experiences:

                1) Every other driver - no matter how much of a POS
they're driving - thinks they're faster than me.
                2) If I'm approaching an intersection and the light
turns yellow, I slam on the brakes immediately if someone is waiting to
turn - they'll pull out in front of me 99% of the time.
                3) No matter if I'm in the ultra-slow lane(dutifully
following the hats), everyone blares on their horns as they pass as if
it's my fault that traffic is crawling.

Dan Pockrus
'74 CBB (Now that school has started, my son's full time ride - one mile
round-trip daily)
'61 VW Panel bus (I drive 40 miles round-trip daily)
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee (My wife drives 1/2 mile round-trip daily)

Where's the justice?