Re: mgb clutch in mga ?

To: vallely@ibm.net
Subject: Re: mgb clutch in mga ?
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:16:14 EDT
Following Barney's suggestion, I installed a B clutch when I rebuilt my MGA
1500 engine.  I am quite happy with the end result.  Depending on how you do
things, you will need to get some B parts here and there to make everything
work.  I have an early MGB three-main flywheel, which seems to be the optimum
in terms of simlicity.
By the way, most of the things you will need (e.g., new flywheel, throwout
bearing pivot arm (or whatever it is called)) can be purchased used.  You will
probably need a new ring gear, a brass bushing for the thowout bearing pivot
arm, etc.  As for the clutch, most any parts shop will have that (However, I
do not want to suggest buying from anyone other than George!!).
Joe Ratigan
58 Roadster