Re: Leaf Springs

To: "Chris Chandler" <spawn@net-link.net>
Subject: Re: Leaf Springs
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:40:57 -0400
>  I saw plans to use a set of Monroe shocks
>from a Dodge Colt to do a conversion on a GT... will this also work for
>a roadster?  My guess would be that it would, but I thought I'd check
>before throwing out $$$.

I'm not familiar with what plans you're referring to, but there are a =
couple different conversion kits for tube shocks on MGBs and MGB GTs.  =
One I know of uses Monroe shocks, the other using the all familiar Spax. =
 I have the Spax on all four corners of my car, and I like them =
immensely because of their adjustability.  However, they are a bit =
pricey.  I've heard many positive reports about the Monroe conversion, =
but I've also heard that you are just as well to get a set of well =
rebuilt stock shocks, and call it a day.  Frankly, in hindsight, for a =
non-competitive daily driver, that's what I'd do.

To the best of my knowledge, both of these kits are currently available =
from Moss, as well as other suppliers.

=3DJ=3D