RE: Better lights or just slow down ?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Better lights or just slow down ?
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:19:16 -0700
Hi,

you won't be able to convert a driving lamp to a fog lamp.

Driving lamps are intended to be wired to be on with your high (or main)
beam, and off with dipped headlights.  The lens on the lamp is designed to
throw a long bright 'spotlight' pattern.

Fog lamps are wired to be on with the side (or parking) lights.  The lens is
designed to create a very low, wide, diffuse light which is less likely to
reflect back to you from the fog.

If you drive in fog with main beams or driving lamps on you will light up
the fog bank in front of you so well you won't be able to see anything.

If you drive in clear weather with either driving lamps or fog lights on you
will look like a sad loser who either a) doesn't know how to turn his lights
on and off properly, or b) thinks it's really cool to be lit up like a
Christmas tree and irritate the pants off everyone else.  These points
typically do not apply to MG owners.

Have fun,

Andy