Re: Dwell meters on positive ground car?

To: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Subject: Re: Dwell meters on positive ground car?
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:41:14 -0400
Date:   August 25, 1998

It is my understanding of dwell meters that they attempt to measure the
duration of the charging time relative to the cycle time of a distributor.
In the case of a positive ground system a dwell meter set up for negative
ground would see the inverse of what you expect to see.  Therefore, when
you read a dwell of 20 degrees it probably is a dwell of 90-20 = 70 degrees.

The tach cicuit just counts transistions so it does not matter which
polarity the system uses.

Bob Reisse
76 MGB
NAMGBR 8-3559