Re: Marina Carburetors

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Marina Carburetors
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 21:53:48 EDT
Lawrie,

I have a friend with a '77 MGB, and he has a Austin Marina SU carb on it...he
said that it was a direct bolt on, and that he found it in Canada...(he also
knowingly sold me a "L" head with a crack through one of the valve
seats...nice friend!) my guess would be that the Marina SU and MGB ZS
manifolds would be interchangable, but I would have to do some more research
to find out the correct needle size and smog legality...can anyone else help?
thanks,
Steve
ps...does anyone know of a reputable place that can weld valve seats?
"still under the bonnett..."