No LBC Content Buddy needs help Stationed in Azores (Portugal)

To: "BAMG Club" <Mymgmidget@aol.com;>, "MG LIST" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: No LBC Content Buddy needs help Stationed in Azores (Portugal)
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:53:05 -0400
A buddy of mine misguided as (IMHO) he is purchased a 92 Miata just prior to
being reassigned to the Azores.  He is in the US Army.  The car has arrived
and the Battery is dead.  Now he is not especailly mechanically inclined and
trusted the dealer to check everything out prior to him shipping the car
(actually I drove it to Bayonne for him).  He is having difficulty obtaining
the correct battery.  Allegedly the BX service station does not have any but
can order it, and the local auto shop does not have/ does not know how to
cross refe to an american spec Miata.  Can anyone tell me what the battery
group, dimensions, and cold cranking amps should be for a Miata so I can let
him know.  I figure armed with this info he can purchase what he needs.
Also is there a European version of the Miata?

Thanks