'74 Midget Reverse Lamp Switch continued

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '74 Midget Reverse Lamp Switch continued
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 23:50:21 -0400
Took another very quick look at the wiring tonight.  I believe I do have
the right switch.  The reverse light switch is the one on the right side of
the gear box pointed straight forward, right?  Seems that way as it has the
right connectors and plugs in nicely like the one I took out.

Now I'm trying to figure out what the switch on the left side of the
gearbox is that points towards the driver.  Is that the seat belt warning
switch?

When I disconnected the wires from those two spade terminals I got no
reversing lights at all.  With them plugged in (and I checked connecting
each wire to the other spade terminal) I got constant reverse lights in
gears 1-4 and reverse and nothing in neutral.

The suggestion that this has something to do with the seatbelt switch makes
sense to me as the seat belt warning should come on when the car is in
gear, but not in neutral.  Only thing is - the lights worked correctly when
I bought the car and then just went haywire after about a week of driving.

Two possibilities.  I took the radio out of the car around this time if I
recollect correctly.  Could I have disconnected soemthing I shouldn't have?
 Second, if the seat belt warning switch gave up the ghost would that cause
my problem even though my behind sensors are disconnected?

As always, all suggestions are appreciated.

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos