Re: Rocker Post Shims.......

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Rocker Post Shims.......
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 07:02:23 -0700
ccrobins wrote:

> HI Neil,
>
>  Don't think you can say the shims only apply to the 18V engines after
> whatever date.  My '70 B had the shims and my present '69 B has them.
> It's worthy to note that neither engine was all-original as to the head
> installed when I came by it so perhaps the rocker assy was changed also.
> The '69 has a pre air-injection head.
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   CR

I only assumed thats when they were fitted. The 18V engine was in the
Marina long before it was fitted to the MGB, perhaps ALL 'B' series were
so 'shimmed'. I still have to find a reason, and am following it up.

Marina 18V made from April 1971, MGB 1975; Paul Hunt did say that one of
his sources told owners to retro-fit them to earlier engines as well.

Neil