Re: Prospective MGB purchase, need advice!

To: Brian Furgalus <bfurgalus@geocities.com>
Subject: Re: Prospective MGB purchase, need advice!
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 19:13:42 -0700
Considering it has been parked for 7 years, you're going to have to replace
all the rubber bits (cooling system/brakes/clutch?) and no doubt run into
all sorts of other fun problems, nothing kills a car like sitting around for
years (indoors or outside?).  Depending on the condition of the body (think
rust - paint is cheap), and the plethora of other problems you already know
about, your suggestion of $1000 (maybe less) sounds reasonable to me (plus
rubber bumper cars are generally less expensive that chromies).

Remeber $ purchase price + $ roadworthy repairs = $ true cost !

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__     "The Bomber"
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     zoooom!