flooded car, not just the carburetor

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: flooded car, not just the carburetor
From: "Danko Roozemond" <Danko@dutcosi.ct.tudelft.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:22:43 +0100
So the rain has been pooring down. As the english say it raining dogs and cats.
whell aperantly it rained a whole ZOO and some more.

well I do have a question regarding flooded cars.
This night the cars in a glasshouse flooded, they where all drowned. some till
the bottom, lucky ones, some till just into the car and some almost halfway the
doors. You get the picture.

Is anybody familiar with reviving cars that have been into the water this deep.

Among the drowned cars where several mg's. My friends car was able to drive and
hasn't gotten that much water in his car. My fiat 500 was realy wet even the
seats were drowned, you get the picture. My friend MG was reasonably dry.

BERT OTTEN your car is also on higher ground, frank v dalen has towed the car
out. It seems reasonable dry but go and see for yourself SOON .

well the car is standing on higher ground, all the water is sipping out. And
hopefully the car itself will dry in a couple of weeks (all that can be removed,
like carpets, have been removed)

what is the way to go

let it dry
get it waxoiled
but what with the engine and trans???
(engine probably all right)
but what about trans axels etc??

any input welcome

Greetings danko.

Please feel free to reply to d.roozemond@ct.tudelft.nl
MG TD '53    (to become toy after (DIY) restauration)
FIAT 500 '69 (small and slow :56 mph max, good fun to drive, needs drying)
MG BGT '72   (the real daily driver, but in urgent need of TLC)