Re: Paint & terrible joke.

To: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Subject: Re: Paint & terrible joke.
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:54:44 +0000
Phil Raby wrote:

> On 14/9/98 9:05 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said
>
> >    This is NOT a joke...the MGF is getting a rough time, it is
> >proving to not be very reliable, and made our prime-time TV in the UK,
> >on a programme called " Watchdog". Bits keep falling off, or leak, or
> >seize. It only goes to show we now have a new breed of MG owner. One who
> >cannot fix his car, but goes running back to the manufacturer. Perhaps
> >it is another TR7 AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
>
> This is a typical Watchdog non-story along the lines that all washing
> machines should be banned because Mrs Smith from Wrexham's cat got caught
> in one.
>
> Roche Bentley of the MG Owners' Club, who was featured on the programme,
> in his magazine asked members to report on MGF faults ­ there was a zero
> response.

Don't forget that Roche himself had to shell out 3 grand for a new engine just
out
of guarantee, and the MG Enthusiast car had an engine failure as well (albeit
semi
user inflicted).  Can't remember if it was before or after the engine failure,
but
MG Enthusiast got a full refund on their first car because it was so bad, and
held
on for the VVC.

PaulH.