Re: thermostat

To: Michael Cline <mcline@c4.com>
Subject: Re: thermostat
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:45:19 -0700
Michael Cline wrote:

> I know it will be hard to get a consensus but here we go: What thermostat
> is best for a 1980 MGB? It had a 160 in it when I bought the car. I just
> put in a 180 while replacing all of the hoses. Recommendations?
> Mike Cline
> Denver, CO

My pennies worth......
                     In the UK BMC cars were always too cool. It was, (
and still is ) common to go 'UP' one thermostat in the spec. IE
virtually all BMC used 82 ( 180 in American,) so we fit 88, ( 190 in A).
For hot climates the book says use a 74, ( 165 in A) I assume that would
be in the hotter parts of our old Empire.

Neil.