Re: New MGF For Sale in USA? Can I buy two?

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New MGF For Sale in USA? Can I buy two?
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:07:10 -0400
Vell, my liddel frans.....Ve haf vays oof keeping der liddel Britspit oudt of
der US, vile ve can keep zelling der BMW Z3 adt a big profit, yah?  Az long az
ve kontrol der Rover ve vill keep doink it.

Excuse the accent.  I couldn't help it.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with
the MGF emision or safety standards as I have been able gather from my British
friends.  It's all seems to be in the little minds of the folks at Rover.  After
all, the MGF is going to Switzerland, which has an equal or greater safety
/emission standard than the US.  The sad part is that over 500 have been shipped
to Japan!

We can only hope.

Michael Ohleger
'67 MGB
'70 MGB

> <<snip>>

> I have spoken with a few Registered Importers - there seems to be no way to
> get an MGF into the country -

<<snip>>