A Daily Driver Falling off the Wagon

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A Daily Driver Falling off the Wagon
From: nogera1@juno.com (bob nogueira)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 23:54:56 -0500
Okay LBC support group, I may need an intervention here!  I've been
driving my MGBGT as my daily driver for the past 9 years and recently
started thinking of retiring it.  Its not the heat, it has A/C which has
been working wonderfully over the past summer,  and its not  comfort , I
find it to be a really comfortable car . Nine years ago I  rebuilt the
engine and outside a  valve job and replacing the Weber with a pair of
SUs it has required  almost no  maintenance.
My problem is that it  has reached the point where everything needs
redoing,  I Figure I'm looking at 1500.00 for a engine rebuild, 1000.00
for an interior, 600.00 to buy paint and materials for a refinish. Throw
in tires, a new steering wheel, new windshield and I'll have another 3000
to 4000 dollars in the car plus  months of labor. The idea of just
parking it and  picking up a  more conventional  daily driver is growing
appealing. I would still have my Morgan Plus 4 to drive and  the time I
am save not rebuilding my BGT could be spent on finishing  my Morgan
Drophead Coupe and my Issetta  restorations.
So fella LBC drivers , save  me from a mistake give me some support for
remaining a LBC daily driver .

Bob Nogueira

PS  The BGT will not be sold just retired since my wife bought it for me
!