Parts cars and storage

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parts cars and storage
From: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 07:34:51 -0500
Have enjoyed following the mailing lists here and have learned a few
things along the way. Thanks to all who post. Now I would like to impose
upon all of you for advice. I have '64B that I acquired in June. More
than it's share of rust but still drivable. I have recently found a body
shell in much better condition than mine at a reasonable price. The
problem is that I have only 30 days to get it and transport it the 200
miles home. I only have space for one car in the garage. (SO gets really
upset about scraping frost from her windows). My question is, do I let
the newly acquired tub sit outdoors all winter, or the current car? Sit
on its tires or up on jackstands? It will be on concrete. What about
covering it? A fancy cover is not in the current budget, I was seriously
thinking about using plastic stretch wrap and a tarp. All of the
U-Store-It places I have checked  will not allow cars to be stored
because of fire regulations. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Rogers
Facing the impending snows in Iowa.