Re: Cylinder Head Install ..... Arggg

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Install ..... Arggg
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:37:58 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/98 11:02:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
larryhoy@mcione.com writes:

<< I think Harlan's
 comment below might be your best advise.  The machine shop will charge much
less
 to extract a stud that does not have a broken easy out in it; ;and if they do
it
 your new head will probably come out of "surgery" as good as new. >>

I CONCUR COMPLETELY !!!  I do this sort of thing for a living, been doing
for a fair period of time (don't ask - toooo long) and something like a head
ESPECIALLY a new dissimilar metal sitution GO TO THE MACHINE SHOP!!

   Nick, which rocker stud broke??  If they came from Big M (or thru them)
one of the two sizes (can't remember offhand, but will look in shop) is
Grade 2 or less.  WILL NOT WORK.

Cheers........

        Ed