RE: Cylinder Head Install ..... Arggg

To: Nick Coleman <coleman@sd.aonix.com>, JustBrits@aol.com,
Subject: RE: Cylinder Head Install ..... Arggg
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:14:49 -0600
Nick, you'll probably find that there are as many opinions about the rocker
bolts as there are members on this list.  So I'll give you my opinion!

I know the bolts are an additional cost and you have already spent a fortune on
the head, but I would replace them.  I also would replace the head bolts with
new ones.  If you replace the head bolts you need to recess the hole in the
block were the bolts go.  Over the years the steel in the block will "pull" up a
bit around the head bolts and cause the head not to seal correctly.  Do not
tighten the head bolts in the head.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
Denver, CO. USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"