RE: (NO LBC) LONG JOKES

To: Ben Carufel <bphotoman@hotmail.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: (NO LBC) LONG JOKES
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:45:48 +0200
        Oh, excuse me.

        I know who John Cleese is but, I disagree with him.

        First, Americans do speak English.  There are regional accents in
the United States just as in Great Britain (Oh, like Cockney is real
English?)  Monty Python and the Flying Circus speak correct English ?  Um, I
don't think so.

        John Cleese in a recent interview was asked what, in comparison to
the United States, was so great about Great Britain.  He replied: "First, we
speak English,

        Second, If you people played baseball, or Football, or Basketball
(with any level of ability) that would not be a bone of contention.  Yes, I
know, the Americans don't play Rugby or Cricket very well.  The only reason
the Americans name something the "World Series" is for advertising purposes.
No one believes it is really a "World" championship.

        Second, when we hold a world sporting championship we invite other
countries to participate,

        Well, this is between Monica and Bill, don't you think.  I don't ask
what goes on in your bedroom.

        Thirdly when we greet our head of state we are only required to go
down on *one* knee."