Re: (NO LBC) LONG JOKES

To: vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil
Subject: Re: (NO LBC) LONG JOKES
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 21:45:40 EDT
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:45:48 +0200 "EPMD- van syckel, John"
<vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil> writes:
>       Oh, excuse me.
>
>       I know who John Cleese is but, I disagree with him.
>
>       First, Americans do speak English.

  Nope. We speak American.  We just call it English to confuse the rest
of the world.

>  There are regional accents in the United States just as in Great
Britain (Oh, like Cockney is real  English?) Monty Python and the Flying
Circus speak correct English?  Um, I don't think so.

Cockney is as much English as a New Jersey accent is American.
 Fran Dresher speaking correct American?   I doubt it.

Bottom Line-

 ITS A JOKE, for crying out loud!   Lighten up

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget