Re: '77 MGB brake servo problem

To: "John Griset" <jsgriset@netscape.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: '77 MGB brake servo problem
From: "Lightmkr" <lightmkr@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:32:33 -0400
John,
I rebuilt my servo But I had to make the special tools shown in the manual
to get it apart. The spring is not too strong but the bayonet connection is
difficult to get apart especially with years of corrosion.
The last time I checked new servos were very expensive, in the $250.00
range. The first thing I would check is the non return valve.
Is it functioning and is it installed correctly.
One thing I did was sandblast the casing and since replating was too
expensive I used the Eastwood plating system which is basically paint but
looks like fresh plating.  Good luck.
Lightmkr (John)