Re: True or False

To: VretroW@aol.com
Subject: Re: True or False
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 18:58:25 +0000
At 07:49 PM 10/4/98 EDT, you wrote:
>recently, i posted a note saying i needed a running, dependable MGB to
>commute. on eof the returned letter said that it wasn't a very dependable car
>for commuting. i've always thought it was if it was in good condition. is it
>true?
>
>eddie k.
>
>need an MG ..

I have been commuting in mine for seven years (with a year and a half
off for major restoration.  I do keep another car for the months when there
is snow or salt on the roads or for the days when it is seriously raining.

If you maintain the car properly and fix things correctly when they break,
an MGB can be quite reliable.  Incidentally,  parts for my MG run about
half the cost of comparable parts on my '86 VW.

Peter Schauss, Long Island, NY
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB