RE: Colour: go original or different?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Colour: go original or different?
From: "Singleton, William" <Singleton@mail.ccsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:14:30 -0400
My $.02 worth:

Our '77 B is chartreuse (new paint job), which was apparently the original
color.  Neither my wife nor I really like Yellow and off-yellow-green seemed
pretty hideous.  In fact, we rejected the car when we first saw it because
of the color.  After a year of looking at it off and on, we decided to buy
it.  We have since decided that the color is distinctive and that we LIKE
it!  The color certainly makes it difficult for the SUV drivers to say they
never saw us.  Nobody doesn't see this car!

Watch out, ugly colors grow on you and pretty soon you take perverse pride
in them!

William L. Singleton                  |  860-832-1719
Director of Information Services      |  860-832-1730 (FAX)
Central Connecticut State University  |
1615 Stanley Street                   |  singleton@ccsu.edu
New Britain, CT  06050                |

        dresden said:

> >I must say I agree with Nory on this one - it's YOUR car. Mine is Blaze
> Red,
> >which is really orange, thus the moniker "Punkin" given by my spouse.
> >BUT -- I wasn't fond of the color at first, but then I realized that this
> >particular orange-red color doesn't exist on many other cars on the road
> >(only thing I've seen that comes close are some nice 60's Chevy's), so
> it's
> >a keeper for me. I like the uniqueness. Some of the B-L colors were
> >absolutely hideous, but some are so unique and properly "circa 60's/70's"
> >that it's hard for me to justify a more conformist BRG, red or modern
> color.
> >I guess my point is that if you don't think it will ever grow on you,
> then
> >by all means change it. IMHO, some of those colors are just too different
> >kill, and you'll never be confused with a Miata by the "unwashed masses"!
> :)
> >Dan
> >73 BLAZE B

        and nevin responded: