Re: Colour: go original or different?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Colour: go original or different?
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:52:34 GMT
>I must say I agree with Nory on this one - it's YOUR car. Mine is Blaze Red,
>which is really orange, thus the moniker "Punkin" given by my spouse.
>BUT -- I wasn't fond of the color at first, but then I realized that this
>particular orange-red color doesn't exist on many other cars on the road
>(only thing I've seen that comes close are some nice 60's Chevy's), so it's
>a keeper for me. I like the uniqueness. Some of the B-L colors were
>absolutely hideous, but some are so unique and properly "circa 60's/70's"
>that it's hard for me to justify a more conformist BRG, red or modern color.
>I guess my point is that if you don't think it will ever grow on you, then
>by all means change it. IMHO, some of those colors are just too different to
>kill, and you'll never be confused with a Miata by the "unwashed masses"! :)
>Dan
>73 BLAZE B

Agreed, mine is Brooklands, which I've thought of leaving because it's
original, and some people say they like it...but I must have the worst
taste in colors, because there are some "hideous" BL colors that I like
much better...I like the Burnt Orange, the Chartreuse, and even those
really loud, bright yellows and greens which I've yet to look up the name
for, but I know almost everyone else I've pointed these colors out to hates
them...it just seems that everyone and his monkey drives a green or red MG,
and if everyone does that, then brit car shows will look like a Christmas
in July party...keep it in mind...

Nevin