Re: Colour: go original or different?

To: "Paul Williams" <paulwill@home.com>
Subject: Re: Colour: go original or different?
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:26:00 -0400
>Hello all:
>I'm the new owner of a '72 B roadster and will be restoring and repainting
>it over the winter.  Thing is, the original colour is Bronze Yellow (has a
>navy interior), and I'm not too enthusiastic about yellow.  I prefer red or
>green, as do virtually all the people in our local club.  I'm torn here,
>because I think it would be nice to see the car restored to its original
>look, but, you know, it's going to be a yellow look.  I realize it's totally
>up to me, but I'd be interested in some opinions from other owners who've
>considered this kind of thing.  If you have Clausager's Original MGB,
>there's a picture of a Bronze Yellow car on Page 11.

In the case of my car... well, there is nothing really worse than 1978
Russet Brown - now a nice Damask red. Not an option for my year though.

Personally, I think you should go with what makes you happy. Certainly
spending a lot of money / time on a paint job to get a color that you're
not too swift about doesn't make much sense to me. And yellow with a navy
interior sounds absolutely garish.

Hope you're enjoying your cable modem, fellow @Home user! =)

BEN RUSET - bruset@home.com
crossroads: lanes & legends of south jersey
http://members.home.net/bruset
"Yesterday was yesterday. Today forgets. Tomorrow there
 may be nothing, no one left to remember, as the world
 picks up speed towards a dubious future."

 Henry Charleton Beck, 1937