Re: reliability

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: reliability
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 23:28:52 -0700
>In a message dated 10/8/98 1:04:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tboicey@brit.ca
>writes:
>
><<   It's a double standard, and I am guilty of it
> myself. I'll spend every weekend in the garage noodling
> on my MGs as my Toyota sits outside. >>

There seems to be a dichotomy evident in this argument.  I firmly believe
that everyone on this list, everyone who belongs to an MG or sports car
club, every trailer queen owner who brings his/her car to shows, everyone
who truly loves their beater enough that they actually think about
improving it, qualifies as an enthusiast.  The other people of the world
just don't care.  You take it to the mechanic, they do the oil change, fix
whatever, tell you what needs fixed, and you go from there.  You don't
really think about improving things for the future, or even the longevity
of the car issue.  The assumption is that you can always get a different
car if you get fed up enough with the current one.  I guess that means that
you're all special here, and whatever justifications you need to make to
continue to maintain what many would consider an outdated piece of British
iron are completely valid.  Go for it!  -soapbox off-     Nina
P.S.  Anyone heard from Neil Cairns or Carol lately?  And what about Becky,
or is she off driving?  Thanks