todays the day

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: todays the day
From: "DZSHANNO.UK.ORACLE.COM" <DZSHANNO@UK.oracle.com>
Date: 16 Oct 98 10:28:38 +0100
Hi all,

        Ive been reading the digest now for a couple of months taking in what
I hope will be useful information for today Im off with my car and trailer
Germany to pick up my lifelong dream. An MGA!! Im not sure what year or type
but I do know that its a roadster (and I think 1500 mkI),green, has driven
recently but cannot pass the strict German road traffic laws on brakes,
lights
and security ( and I got it for a song!). Here in England were a little more
forgiving on classic cars. In fact I live only a few miles from Abingdon so
it
will be coming home. As I understand it the car was origionaly exported to
South Africa where the current owner picked it up before transporting it to
Germany about 5 years ago. Its been garaged ever since and in constant
restoration at a garage who worked on it when he could.
        The plan is to restore it so It can be used as a daily driver in the
spring and summer and enjoy the wonderful English countryside in it. We
intend
using it as transport to our wedding in May next year so I have the winter
work on it and an incentive to get it finished.( will our engagement survive
it!!:-) )
        Anyway enough waffle about my dream come true, I let you know how it
turns out when I get it back and examine it. If anyone has any info on
differences or perculiarities of South African MGA's Id be very grateful.

regards from a soon to be happy,poor with no free time and loving it driver

David Shannon