Re: Heater valve questions

To: JeffZuckerman@csi.com
Subject: Re: Heater valve questions
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 06:13:18 EDT
On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:23:15 -0700 "Jeff Zuckerman"
<JeffZuckerman@csi.com> writes:
>Hello all,
>    The restoration of my '67 BGT proceeds apace.  I will be returning
>engine (rebuilt) and transmission to it shortly.
>    Question:  How can I tell if the heater valve is faulty?  The
>lever
>which opens it seems quite stiff and does not travel the full length
>of the
>slot.  When I blow in one end, I can feel air coming out the other
>with the
>valve supposedly "closed".  Is it time for a new one?
>    Also, what type of gasket sealant is recommended for fitting the
>valve?
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff Zuckerman

Jeff,
for my money, these are a maintenence item since they never seem to last
all that long but at abt $25 theyre not exhorbitant and are easy to
replace - just did one on the GT 2 weeks ago........however, the cables
are another story - that part took a lot longer but now having a quiet,
efficient, working heater n these nice autumn mornings is well worth it!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]