Re: Back-up lights

To: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Back-up lights
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:38:15
At 10:21 PM 10/19/98 -0400, Michael P. Ohleger wrote:
>My newly acquired MGA has a pair of non-functioning back up lights fixed
to the rear bumper between the overriders.  I've never seen any before this
and while attending the Hunt Country Classic in Middleburg, VA this
weekend, I made it a point to look at the 12 or so MGAs there and not a one
had anything like this.  These little lights are bullet shaped, chromed,
with thick, clear lenses.  There are no wires emanating from them, and I
assume that there's no way to make them work with the tranny (or is there?)
 Has anyone seen anything like them, or have information that would help me
connect them?  I may just wire them up with a switch - they might even work!

You've been duped.  MGAs never had backup lights, and there is no reverse
switch in the gearbox to accomodate them.  Easy enough to add a toggle
switch somewhere and wire them up yourself.  Just don't forget to turn them
off when not in use.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude