Re: returning member

To: MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: returning member
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:50:24 +0000
Skye said:

> I don't know anything about the two-speed wiper motor, but my latest issue
> of MGOC Enjoying MG magazine has an ad and instructions for installed
> a gizmo called SmartScreen - it sounds really good, you simply wire it
> into the existing wiper wires and it remembers the time inbetween flicks
> of the wiper switch and continues wiping intermittently until you tell it
> to stop.

Sounds good.  I thought of making intermittent wipers by wiring one position of
the wiper switch through a turn signal flasher.  This
would have the same effect as turning the wipers on and off at the
same rate at which turn signals flash.  This rate could be changed by using a
flasher from a car with different resistance in the turn signals.

The reason I haven't done this is that I only have two positions on
my switch and I want to use them for high and low speeds.  I want to keep my
metal dash looking original, so I'm using a black-handled
toggle headlight switch from a '62-'65 B.  Does anyone know of a
three position toggle switch?--maybe a Jaguar switch?

Gee, I belong to the MGOC too but I don't get their magazine because
I forgot to tell them where I am. :-}

Denise Thorpe
It's not fun reading, but I have a website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~xyzabcde